Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I LOVE Target Field (and Joe Mauer)

Saturday we went to our first Twins game at Target Field.  It was awesome.  Target Field is an amazing ball field, 100x better than the Metrodome.  Although I almost got off at the Metrodome!  We took the light rail to the game, was better than driving and paying for parking, but was VERY crowded and had to wait to get on it after the game.  Anyway, I am getting off track.  They have a lot of yummy - but ridiculously expensive - food, I had to go with a Target Dog.  Later in the game I had ice-cream and then a pretzel (please don't start calculating the calories!).  The game got over JUST before it started raining, but rain and all it was still better then the Dome.  There really isn't a bad seat in the house, but we had really good seats, 7th row, along 1st base line.  Was totally kicking myself that we didn't bring a baseball or something for players to sign.  Jim Thome and a couple others (I am not sure who they were, Jesse said, but I don't remember) came over and signed autographs.  Hoping to get to go to another game this year.

And of course, there is Joe.  I heart him.  He didn't come over and sign autographs, or I would have found SOMETHING for him to sign (maybe my bra???  sorry honey!).  But he came strutting across the field (ok, maybe he wasn't "strutting") with the pitcher (who pitched a complete game!) and pitching coach.  You could see his smile.  I am pretty sure he winked at me.  You can just tell he is a home-town boy, who loves the game and truly seems very nice.  Very Minnesotan!  Allie says "Go Joe" every time the Twins are on and has a Joe Mauer shirt.  Here is a pic of us before we left (we didn't bring her with us, she is just too young to enjoy it and we went with a GREAT group of friends).  It was overall a GREAT night!  (Minus one little incident on the way down that cost me $212...YIKES!)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You weren't speeding by any chance?? Imagine that! Glad you had a good time!