Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5 Years of Wedded Bliss

Last Friday Jesse and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.  We have been married 5 years, but we have been together for over 10 years!!!  WOW!!  We started dating January of my senior year of high school.  Despite the fact that just the summer before as I was watching the seniors in the class ahead of us go off to college I had sworn to my best friend that I would NOT have a boyfriend when I went to college!  Think of all the "people" to meet there!!  Ha!  Turns out God had another plan for me.  I wish I had a scanner (which we might, but I have NEVER used it) to scan in a pic from then and now.  Although as I was looking at the scant amount of pics we have from our weekend we don't have a SINGLE pic of the 2 of us together!!!  Not even a "self-portrait"!  Sad.  We have pics of each of us seperately and pics of the scenery.  Oh, well.  It was still a fun and relaxing weekend.

For those that don't know, Jesse and I celebrated our anniversary by going to Breezy Point last weekend.  Not really any specific plans in mind other than to go and spend some quality time together and relax.  It was nice to sleep in and just hang out.  We played mini golf on Sat.  Which I almost beat Jesse!  I was pretty pumped considering HE golfs and I do not!!  YEAH!  We ran into one of my good friends and former roommates from college there.  It was funny b/c we were just saying to each other that we were surprised we hadn't seen anyone we know!  Next time we decided it would be fun to take the pontoon and go with friends.  They have some ncie cabins that would be fun and easy to share with a sweet outdoor hot tub.  The weather was GORGEOUS, so it sure would have been nice to have an outdoor hot tub. 

Anyway, I can't believe tomorrow is Sept. 1!!  Yikes!  Where did summer go?? 

No comments: