Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow, Snow Go Away!

Well, I guess it IS December, so I don't mind the snow that is already ON the ground, I just wish it weren't supposed to snow MORE today and tomorrow.  The Wed. before Thanksgiving I was supposed to get together with friends in Hutch for a much needed night out, I haven't seen these girls in WAY too long!!  But, Mother Nature had other plans for us.  It rained and snowed and the roads were icy and miserable.  So early in the year to have to cancel plans because of snow/icy roads!!!  And with the holidays and everyones busy schedule - we are all nurse's except one and she works weekends too - so finding a time we can ALL get together is almost impossible!!  I was soo bummed.  Miss you girls!

Now, tomorrow we are supposed to have a girls day at my house with another group of girl friends, and once again the weather is threatening to interfere!!  Bah, Humbug!  I am cleaning the house, and had it all planned, hot chocolate and/or wine, BBQ's, cookie making and scrapbooking but most importantly bonding and mental health stabilization with my girls!!  It is sooo needed!!  I am saying Many prayers that the snow is light, fluffy, and it will not be windy and we can all get together anyway.  I mean, after all we DO live in MN, so we are hardy and can make it through anything, right?!  We pride ourselves on being able to travel in conditions that would keep those pansy climates of the southern states become holed up for weeks. 

Anyway, I do have a lot to do, because I am going to prepare for this as if it were not even supposed to snow!  Time to crank up the Christmas music and get busy!  And once again, I have no photos, my camera is STILL at my parents.  Maybe this is a good time to just go buy that new DSLR camera I have been wanting...a little Christmas present for myself?? 

No comments: