Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

Here is our Christmas tree this year - the upstairs one.  It is real.  I love a real tree.  But they are a bit expensive, especially when you think about the fact that you have to buy a new one every year.  But, oh the smell!!!  And NOTHING, NO fake tree, comes close to a real one.  Last year I was feeling a bit stressed and with having a 1 yr. old figured it was time to go with a fake one.  So last year we bought a pre-lit fake tree.  It was OK.  But this year I missed having a real one and wanted a real one again.  I did put the fake one up downstairs with more kid friendly ornaments on it.  But for the most part Allison leaves both trees alone.  Except for a while when she was obsessed with plugging them in.  I think I have gotten through to her that MOM or DAD needs to do that!  I did purposely leave the top of the tree off the pic.  I haven't found the right tree topper yet, and for some reason this year it is leaning to the side!  I haven't tried fixing it either, maybe before we have company I will!  I can't believe this week is Christmas already!  I got the presents wrapped yesterday after I got up and now I can't wait for everyone to open their gifts!  Allison tried to start opening them, but I told her no and she has so far left them alone now. 

1 comment:

Erin C said...

Hey, Cole loves to help us turn the tree lights on and off too... we got this thing, from menards or fleet farm, anyways, it stays plugged in all of the time but there is a red button you push to turn the lights on and off. Cole thinks it's great! Just in case you are out shopping after christams! Merry Christmas!