Friday, September 3, 2010

Bye, Bye Paci!

So, I know a while back I posted that we were going to get rid of Allison's paci Sept. 1...well, that didn't exactly happen.  I chose to wait until today because we had family pics scheduled for Sept. 2 and wanted her well rested and in good spirits for the pics.  Jesse was home with Allison today, so he got the privelege of being the one to take them away.  I had bought her a new blankee to kind of "replace" her paci's.  So, she got to open a present then they put all her paci's in the box to give to other babies who need them, because "Allie is a big girl and doesn't need one anymore!"  I guess nap time went pretty good.  She went down good, but didn't sleep quite as long as usual (1 1/2 hours, usually 2-3 hours).  BUT...of course tonight when I had to be home alone with her (Jesse went fishing, I think he knew it wouldn't be easy!!) she cried, and cried, and cried.  I wanted so badly to just give in and give her one.  She sounded so pitifully sad!!  But I know the longer we wait it won't get any easier and even though I am sure dental work is in her future (Jesse and I both had braces, ugh!!) I want to do what I can to prevent it, not make it worse.

She is now sleeping peacefully.  I hope this lasts all night, but I won't be surprised if she wakes up.  I am sure if we can make it 3 days/nights we will be paci free!  She does not use one at daycare, so I don't think the naps will be as big a deal as bedtime.  So, I have my fingers and toes crossed this goes well!!! 

1 comment:

Erin C said...

Good job not giving in... it's so hard! The pediatrician said the crying usually is cut in half for every night you do it... so hopefully you can expect less tonight. Good luck! We are planning to work on operation nuk starting monday, we will see how it goes :)