Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday at the Lake

Last Saturday after the race we went up to Maple Lake, where  my parent's have a place.  Boy was it HOT!  The lake is very deep and is spring fed so it takes a while to warm up and even then doesn't ever get really warm, but I did throw in a swim suit and one for Allison too, I didn't really think there was any way we would actually be IN the lake...I guess I was wrong!  My little water baby wanted to be in the lake right away!  And it the cold didn't bother her a bit!  I of course had to be in with her, brrrrrr!  But to be honest it really felt good, and granted I was only in up to mid calf, but I didn't think it felt that cold either!  But it was really hot in the sun!!  And I remember being a kid and going up to the lake for the first time of the summer on Memorial Day weekend and if it was above 65, we were in the lake!  Unfortunately I have no pics of this, we were in the lake and on the dock having fun, and I wished I had my camera, but didn't want to take the time to leave to get it, I didn't want to miss a moment!

Boat ride!  Putting on more suntan lotion!
We also went on a boat ride and Allison got to play with Emma!  Allison's new sentance, "Emma SHARE".  It was a concept neither one got the hang of quickly, but Allison repeated that EVERY time she saw Emma. 

It was a great day, however as in previous post...we had a bit of a rough night.  NOT even close to as bad as last time, but still not good, and we ended up coming home at midnight.  Allison was tired from her big day, and went to sleep good (and early 7:30), and slept until about 10 p.m.  Emma started crying and that woke up Allison, but Emma went back to sleep, and Allison thought it was time to get up and play.  She WOULD NOT go back to sleep.  Had her almost sleeping and Emma cried again.  So, it was time to come home, it just wasn't working.  Allison goes to sleep SOOO good at home, and sleeps so good.  If she wakes up at night at home, she goes back to sleep on her own.  I think when she heard Emma she thought Emma was awake and having fun, so she needed to be too.  It was rather frustrating.  Not sure what to do about this, but for the most part they will probably not be at the lake at the same time very often, and we might chicken out and plan to come home or something for the night.  (Luckily it is only about 1 hour for us).  You hear every little noise in the cabin (which is a really old trailer house with paper thin walls and doors!).  Plus it was still hot in there at midnight and she might have had trouble sleeping b/c she was hot too.  The consolation that we had to come home Sat. night though was that Sunday was really NOT very nice last weekend.  I think she is going to go to the lake with my parent's next weekend, so hopefully all goes well!!

No comments: