Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Foot Lake 4 First-timer!

Jesse ran the Foot Lake 4 this year instead of me.  I wasn't up for pushing the stroller 4 miles (and up hill at the end!), and really haven't been running as much as I should.  Anyway, he did it.  And did it really well too! 
I tried to get a picture of his time as he crossed the finish line, but I think it was just under 29 min.  Wow!!!!  Less then an 8 min. mile consistently for 8 miles!  And he doesn't run all that much either!  I was teasing him (well kind of, if he would do it, I would!) that we should train to do a 1/2 marathon.  I want to go to Vegas for my 30th b-day and I said we should do the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon!  Anyone else up for it?  But back to Jesse.  He did so good he got a medal!
Of course that is the OVER 30 age group now!  Haha!  He got 3rd!  I am really proud of him and so is Allie.  She has been wearing his medal around!  You can see all the race results here.

No comments: