Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day 5K

I once again ran in the Memorial Day 5K here in Willmar on Sat.  This year I ran it with a friend of mine and we pushed Allison and her little guy!  This was pretty new for me, I don't usually run with Allison, I had the best of intentions and we have a jogging stroller, but I have been doing most of my running indoors yet this year and well, I just don't take her if I don't have to.  But anyway, my friend has a double jogging stroller and she was going to push her son, Soren, in it and asked if I wanted to run with her and bring Allison.  Oh, maybe I should add that Jesse was running this year too, so this way we wouldn't have to worry about finding someone to watch the kids while we ran.  Needless to say my time was a little slower, but I am ok with it considering we were pushing the kids and I have not been running much lately.  Allison did get a bit sick of being in the stroller - I guess we usually just go for short walks...but I would like to try it again and see if we can do better!

Me, an unhappy Allison (she wanted OUT), Soren (he was also ready to be done I think) and Solveig!

Jesse ran his VERY FIRST 5K!  He did GREAT!  Don't men just suck?!  He runs maybe 1 mile here and there, usually indoors at the Y, and STILL managed to run it in about 22 min.!!  So, even if I had not been pushing the stroller, I have to admit he would have still beat the pants off me!  Oh, well, I just do it for fun and am not very competitive about it.  But I am very proud of him and I hope he runs some more!  He is already signed up for another 5K...kind of by accident, but hopefully he does it!  Go honey!  And I didn't get a pic of him!  Next time!

No comments: