Saturday, June 5, 2010

Brag Spot

I feel the need to brag a bit.  I figure since it is my blog and I am a mom, that is my right :)!  So, here it goes...  The other day I was holding Allison on my lap after work, and she counted to 5!!!!  She is 20 months old and she can count to 5!  I had NO idea, I said to Jesse, did you hear that?  I guess he had been working with her on it!  What a good dad!  We count to 3 a lot, but not 5!  However, since that first time, she seems to usually miss a number, usually 4, but still, I am impressed.  She also knows all her colors, and is getting most letters down.  She is so curious and really wants to learn.  Whenever I am wearing a shirt with writing on it, she will point to the letters and say the ones she knows and wait for me to tell her the ones she doesn't.  I don't even know how many words she knows, and she is constantly saying new ones!  She is starting to put 2 and 3 word sentances together.  Yesterday her Grandma Nancy was over and she gave her more of her snack and she said "Thank you".  Without being prompted!!  I am so proud of her! 

On another note, I was thinking the other day about the fact that I have to work, and barring we win the lottery, I will be a working mom forever!  Allison has been crying when I bring her to daycare, which makes it sooo hard.  I know she has fun when I leave, but I still wish that I could stay home with her most days.  But I do also love my job.  And I think I value the time we spend together more because of it.  And I hope one day she knows that everything I do, I do for our family.  But sometimes things sneak up on me, like a few weeks ago she found her shape ball.  Prior to this when she played with it we had to help her find the right spot for each shape.  I gave it to her on this day though and went to the bathroom and to do something else, I came back and she had it all done!  She had put all the shapes back in all by herself!  Oh, I love that girl!

No comments: