Monday, June 7, 2010

A little Reading Material

Yup, this is my monthly reading material!!!  Yikes!  The sad thing is I haven't read ANY of it for at least the past 2-3 months.  I have the best of intentions when ordering and a couple of the subscriptions were gifts from my grandma, and one I ordered from a gal at work whose daughter was selling for school.  And the VS and One Step Ahead are advertising catalogs.  Although I think I get a VS catalog every couple weeks!!  It all just keeps piling up, becasue of course I am going to read it!!  Plus on top of this I try to read the "What to Expect: The Toddler Years" for whatever it's worth and lately I have had a couple good books going(I wanted to read "The Last Song" before I saw the movie - GREAT book!!  Now I can't wait to see the movie).  I love to read books, and choose that over magazines anyday.  I get all these with good intentions though. 

Glamour: I want to be at least somewhat fashionable and feel young yet, I like the hair and makeup stuff, but I think I might be outgrowing it...not too into one-night stands, and I don't know how much advice a person can take on how to give/get the best orgasm!!
Everyday with Rachel Ray:  I love her show and thought I would enjoy the recipes, etc.  Unfortunately a lot of the recipes call for things I have never heard of, or that are hard to get.  Plus her 10 min. meals take me an hour!  And the magazine has lots of travel stuff in it, great if I could afford to travel all these places!  Maybe one day!
Shape:  Well, I wish I was in shape!!
Reader's Digest:  I do find this one rather interesting and good for a laugh.  Plus it is more informative. 
Parenting:  I want to be a good parent.  I usually like it when I get time to read it, but have to take it with a grain of salt.  Sometimes I feel they are only speaking to the stay at home mom in the metro. 
Country Woman and Reminisce: Well, these were gift subscriptions (along with Reader's Digest) from my Grandma.  Now getting these make me miss her tons!  I think she got them for me because I looked at them at her house growing up and they do have lots of recipes in them too.  And ones that an average, simple cook can make!

No comments: