Monday, May 17, 2010

Allison

I wasn't sure what to call this post...so I just went with Allison.  So, last weekend was fishing opener, and of course Jesse was going fishing.  And as we have the last couple years my mom and I (and Allison as of the past 2 years now) were going to Rochester to celebrate my cousin (he seems more like my nephew and he is my Godson) Nick's 7th B-day. 

I had been REALLY looking forward to it.  Allison is at such a fun age, she loves to play and entertain!  Hmmm, I think it runs in the family!  Anyway, I was hoping she would take a nice long nap in the car on our way, I knew she was VERY tired and our plan was just to stop and eat when she woke up - I figured maybe Owatonna - Nope.  She only slept for 1 hour and we ended up stopping in Mankato.  Which was kind of fun because I got to take her on the big merry-go-round in the mall.  She loved it!  She loves rides and going fast!! 

Anyway, got back in the car, hoped she would fall asleep again, no luck.  She started SCREAMING about 20 min. away (or maybe it was more, it felt like more).  I knew she was sick of being in the car, but she has never been upset like this before, I was afraid she was going to throw up she was crying so hard!  Anyway, we managed to make it and she relaxed and seemed to have fun. 

But the combo of a short nap and playing (and crying) hard I knew she was VERY tired, but not one to give up easily on a party, she didn't go to sleep until 8:30.  So then I figured we were golden, she would sleep the rest of the night, I mean she was EXHAUSTED!  Wrong!  She woke up after only 1 hour again.  And would NOT go back to sleep.  We tried EVERYTHING, and I mean everything to get her back to sleep.  I couldn't figure it out, she was so tired but she would not sleep.  So at 12:15 we ended up coming home.  Ugh!  We got home at 4:30 a.m.  I ended up taking her to Urgent Care on Sunday because I was so worried about her (she had fits of uncontrollable crying in here too!!).  She was NOT herself, it made me so sad and worried me so much!  Anyway, turned out she was getting molars (which I actually knew, she is working on her last one I think - 3 are all the way in and 1 is pretty much in - had been going on for a couple weeks but only resulted in a low grade fever and SLIGHT fussiness cured with a little Children's Tylenol or Motrin), and an ear infection.  She has ear tubes (and they are thankfully still in place!) but the MD said it was caught early and wasn't draining yet and that is why I didn't notice any drainage, or I would have just started the drops without bringing her in.  Oh, and to top it off she was getting over Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.  She was pretty much over that but did have a sore I noticed on the roof of her mouth.  Sunday was a little rough, but after a good nap Sunday, a GREAT night sleep last night (12+ hours) and a good nap today, she was GREAT!  Although we are noticing she is starting to test us and push our buttons.  Showing her defiance - everything is "no".  I ask her to say "yes" every once in a while just to make sure she can say it!!  So we are dealing with that, and trying to figure out the best way to discipline her.  It is so hard!!  I won't get into that anymore tonight.

No comments: