Monday, April 4, 2011

Could it be??

Could it be possible that we are potty trained???  Wow!  I so dreaded potty training and all-in-all it went really good!  I know we are not out of the woods yet and we still have some things to work on, but Allison is pretty much potty trained!  I credit the quick success to her being ready and nothing we really did except finally taking the time and patience to make her do it.  She is "pee" potty trained and we are working on poop.  Last Thursday she pooped on the potty for me, I was sooo excited but otherwise she has been "saving" that for at night when she has her night-time diaper on.  She did have one poop accident Sat. during her nap, but I blame that partially on a busy weekend, up late Friday night and away from home Sat. And then today she had a poop accident at home.  She was downstairs and Jesse was upstairs and he heard her start crying, really hard.  He ran down and she was standing in the middle of the living room crying he said.  (I was working).  She wouldn't tell him what was wrong, but he knew...he could smell it.  But he did really good with her.  Told her it was ok, she had an accident and that she should tell us when she has to poop and go on the potty.  I guess later she did tell him then and she did have some small success on the potty too!  So we still have to work on the pooping thing, but I think that how bad she felt is a sign that she doesn't want to do that and hopefully she will tell  us next time.  I am so proud of her I could burst!  I don't know at what age kids are supposed to be night time trained too, but I don't expect that for a while. 

No comments: