Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Little Sickie

Allison woke up yesterday morning and just before breakfast, it was actually sitting in front of her, she told me she had to go potty...She did, but she also threw up while sitting there!  Poor baby!!  I felt so bad for her I could have cried.  It is only the 2nd time in her life she has ever thrown up.  She was so calm about it.  I guess I would have expected a lot of crying and stuff.  I grabbed a towel and she wiped her hands on it (then we washed!!!).  She then had a pretty good day, no more throwing up, she did have some more diarrhea but she did not have 1 accident!!!  I could not believe it!  After she threw up in the morning and I realized she was sick, I offered her a diaper to wear, she refused!  What a big girl!!

This was her lunch.  Dry cheerios on the couch.  Actually she was eating them at the table and then I was doing something and she carried them over to the couch, covered herself with her little blankie and had her cheerios there!  After a 3 hour nap (which WE had to wake her from) she had a fever though.  She did eat some p.b. & J. toast for supper (and potato chips...don't ask!).  And I think she slept good, at least I didn't hear her all night!  But she woke up this morning with a fever again.  Pretty high - 102. 

Here she is today, I had to take a pic of her today, she INSISTED on wearing this shirt from Grandma Linda that she got for easter.  It is sleeveless, so I made her wear a long sleeve undershirt under it.  At 10:30 she ASKED for a nap!  So she is napping now...actually I think she is up now, it is 1:15.  I heard her coughing.  She has a fever and cough today.  No more pukes since yesterday morning!  Thank God!  Not sure how the rest of our day will go with such an early nap...maybe in bed at 6 tonight?!  I just hope she feels better soon and that we don't get another ear infection!!!!  NO antibiotics PLEASE!  Poor kid!

No comments: