Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This - N - That and a Potty update

I'll just start with a few random pictures...
Allison's "silly" face...she does it ALL THE TIME!!!  Kind of annoying.  But it seems a lot of kids make this face!

Allie and Daddy "napping".  Not really sleeping, although they both look a little dopey in this pic!  Just playing on the couch one morning.

30 Weeks!!
Well, where to start...  That ear infection Allison had a month or so ago, well the first antibiotic didn't clear it up, I ended up taking her back in to the doctor at the beginning of March.  I actually wasn't sure if it was her ears, she was really good through it all, but she had a nasty cough and yucky green nasal drainage.  Sure enough, she still had an ear infection...both ears too.  So, we started a different antibiotic.  Finished that one on Friday and she seems to be doing good.  No more cough, no runny nose at all and no fever.  She did complain about her ears this weekend to my mom, but she seems fine, so as for now, I am thinking/hoping she is all better.  If she ends up needing another set of tubes, I am all for it, those things were a god send, but like her pediatrician said, if she can make it through the next month we should be good until next fall (cold/flu season).  And maybe by then her ear canals would have grown enough it won't be a problem. 

Potty training...the most frustrating task EVER!  My mom had Allison Fri. evening and she put underwear on Allie Sat. morning.  I guess she went on the potty at their house once Sat.  She was dry all day.  She had punch at a birthday party (90th for someone in Hector), and a pretty good size glass of chocolate milk at Max's for supper.  We took her to the bathroom NUMEROUS times with NO results!  I can NOT believe how much she can hold!  Needless to say, I was convinced she would pee as soon as she got in the car.  She ended up going to Grandma Nancy's to spend the night with her cousins and she made it there with no accidents!  But when they got there it was time for bed (past time) so Nancy put a diaper on her...which she flooded 5min. later!  Yesterday we tried again, she was dry until after her nap, then had an accident then and in the evening.  I am not sure she is ready, or us!  She has not gone on the potty for me once yet.  She can hold it an INCREDIBLY long time!  Today she wanted underwear, so I am trying again.  I put them on her right away this morning and she has YET to go pee.  She is napping now, if by some miracle she wakes up dry, I think I am going to try to make her sit on the potty until she goes.  She has to be about ready to explode!  I have gone at least 5x in the same amount of time! 

I am working on the last Steig Larson book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  It is awesome.  And I want to get some reading done before she wakes up from her nap, so I better quit now.  Only a few more days until my BIRTHDAY MONTH!  Yeah!  ;-)

Update to the Update...I wrote all of the above on Monday, but was having trouble with the pictures so never got it uploaded...and we have some potty training success to report!  Yesterday (Monday, or "today" in the above post) Allison wore underwear ALL day, yes, she woke up from her nap DRY!  Finally at 5 p.m. she peed on the potty!!!  She went about 3 more times before bed after that!  Soooo excited!  She had one small accident.  Today (Tuesday) I had to work, she didn't go at all at daycare (of course!) and then had an accident at the Y.  Had another when Jesse got her home and then went on the potty once.  So today was so-so.  But yesterday was VERY encouraging!  So, we aren't giving up yet!!!

No comments: