Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Allie Update

Well, after she woke up from her nap, with a raging fever again, she was laying on the couch and rubbing her ear.  I asked her if it hurt and she said yes.  Sometimes she says yes, sometimes she says no.  But I figured as long as we were both home I would see who was on-call for peds...and it was her Dr.  So, I got an appt. for later yesterday afternoon.  I was really hoping that I would take her in and they would just tell me that what she has is viral and reassure me that she doesn't have an ear infection...but sure enough, she did.  Poor kid!  He said the rest of her symptoms, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, sore thoat, and cough probably ARE viral, he said he had seen a lot of that lately and everyone's strep tests were coming back negative.  But that since she has ANOTHER ear infection we needed to treat that anyway.  So again, we didn't test her for strep.  And she got started on Zithromycin now.  We have to make an appt. with ENT for sometime in the next couple weeks now.  Her one tube is still kind of in, but working it's way out and he's wasn't sure it was in the right place, so he wanted that looked at by them and also I suppose to talk about if and/or when we should do tubes again.  I am going to ask about tonsils at the same time if we do tubes again.  With her last 2 ear infections she has had a red throat too.  We'll see what Dr. Pesola has to say!

Poor kid had some pretty bad diarrhea last night...but NO accidents!!!!  I can NOT believe it.  I am so proud of her and feel so bad for her.  Anyway, no more episodes today (at least as of 9:30) and she seems MUCH better.  In fact I did take her to daycare today.  She ate her breakfast and some cookies on the way to daycare.  Well, I better go do something productive before my staff meeting now!! 

No comments: