Thursday, March 10, 2011

Disney Princesses on Ice!

Last Sunday Grandma Nancy took Allison (and mom and dad, and the Zupke clan) to Disney's Princesses on Ice at the Target Center in Minneapolis!  She also took us out to eat at the Hardrock Cafe before the show!!  Anyway, it was awesome!  I had wanted to take Allison to the show, but hadn't gotten around to getting tickets when Nancy called, so I was thrilled!  Jesse reluctantly went with, but he enjoyed it and it was fun seeing how much Allison liked it!  I remember going to Disney something in ice when I was a kid with my parents (also remember that that is when I got the chicken pox!) but wow, they really do a good job.  It was such a good show.  The only "bad" part, if you can call it that, is the time of the show was when Allison usually naps and she didn't sleep at all on the way to the cities like I had hoped.  She did really well, but was totally uncooperative for pictures!!  Now whether that had anything to do with napping I am not sure, since she is in general not very cooperative for the camera!!!!  I keep waiting for her to decide she likes getting her picture taken! 

Before the show we got some great advice from friends...put her in a "princess dress" and get her a wand before you go.  I am very thankful for the advice.  I had been wanting to get her a dress-up dress anyway, she adores the one at Grandma Nancy's!  So this was the perfect time.  She has been wearing it non-stop!  (But yikes, they charge a lot for those things and they are not made very well!!!!).  So we dressed her up Sunday morning before we left, I put her hair up and it was so curly and cute, and she had her wand and crown, and wore her princess shoes too, of course!  I am sooo bummed we didn't get a pic of her before we left because of course on the way there her hair got flattened and started falling down, and then she didn't want to wear the crown anymore, and the wand was in my purse most of the time (but those things were only like $3 each, and the wands they were selling were $20, you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!)  I am glad she isn't old enough or didn't realize it, but she didn't really ask for anything while we were there, I can't believe how much they charge for stuff!  Popcorn (in a box) was $7!  I would feel guilty even selling that stuff!  Anyway, I digress.  She had a blast and talks about it constantly.  Today it is Sleeping Beauty.  I didn't really know how much she got out of it, but I asked her how Sleeping Beauty woke up and she told me the boy kissed her.  So cute!  At first her favorite part was Mickey and Minnie and she was sad when they skated off, but quickly was distracted by the next "scene".  She also loved Tinkerbell and talked about her constantly!  I think we have a theme for her next b-day party!!  I can't wait to take her again (and her little sister - if that is what it turns out to be - in a couple years!).  Here are some pics:

No comments: