Monday, October 25, 2010

Our Growing Family


Well, this is pretty much the last place I am announcing this, so everyone probably already knows...but our family is going to be growing by one (hopefully only one...) this May 2011.  Allie is going to be a big sister!  My due date is officially May 30th, but since I am planning to have a repeat c-section I will probably (assuming everything else is going ok!) have the baby the week before, so sometime around May 23, depending on when my OB's OR day is. 

I am going back to my favorite Dr., Dr. Antkowiak.  I think he is wonderful, not only the way he treats his patient's, but the way he treats us as nurses and that is the main reason I chose him.  He can be a bit "high maintenance" as those of us who work with him say (we are pretty sure he has adult ADHD) but he really cares about his patients and I remember when I first started in OB, he was so kind to me and he taught me how to put an internal monitor on (among other things, he likes to teach). 

Anyway...I had my first OB appointment last Thursday, just with the NP, and everything went well.  We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat by doptone, which is awesome, not only just to hear it, but once you can hear it by doptone they say your risk of miscarriage drops to less than 5%.  (I don't even want to think about that!).  So, I am 9 weeks now.  Overall feeling pretty good.  Mostly just tired...VERY tired!  I don't remember being this tired with Allison, but I figure I just had more time to sleep then!  I have not been very nauseated, thank goodness!!  (Wasn't a problem with Allison, so far they are pretty similar...another girl??)  Speaking of gender...I am not sure if we will find out what we are having or not.  We did not with Allison and it was so fun to be surprised at the delivery, but on the other hand, with having another child I feel like it would be great to get as much done ahead of time as possible...we'll see.  It is more tempting this time.

1 comment:

Erin C said...

Congratulations! So exciting!