Sunday, October 10, 2010

My LITTLE Girl!

 Allie had her 2 yr. check up on Friday.  She was such a trooper and did awesome!  We had talked about that she was going to see Dr. Swanson and he was going to look in her ears and mouth.  She let him do everything and was very cooperative!  It was great!  Then she had to get a couple shots.  Poor baby.  Just her Hep. A and the Flu shot.  She chould have had the mist this year, but she had a bit of a runny nose and our pediatrician recommended the shot instead yet this year.  Hasn't even been a bit crabby from her shots!  She is tall for her age - 35 inches and skinny (shocking, isn't it??): only 25lbs!!  But Dr. Swanson wasn't concerned.  Just said to make sure she is getting snacks and stuff between meals and a variety of foods.  Pretty normal for her age, she is go, go, go and has become a bit of a finicky eater.  I (mostly) refuse to make her anything different than what we are eating because I don't want to encourage her pickiness and for that to become the norm that I always have to make 2 meals.  If we are having something I know she won't eat, I do make her something else.  I try to put butter on pretty much everything she eats!  And for the most part she is a good eater.  But just look at her dad, is it any wonder she is tall and thin??
But the best part was the promise of pizza with Grandma Nancy after her appointment!  She talked about it all morning!  I was wondering if it was a bad idea that I had told her!!  But it helped calm her down after her shots that she was going to see Grandma!!

No comments: