Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Virus of another sort

Well, it appears our home has been invaded by another kind of virus...a computer type virus.  While so far I don't see how it has affected my computer in any way (laptop anyway, haven't used the desk top yet) while I was busy at work today, my email was busy sending strange emails to random people in my address book.  It appears about 5 messages were sent to randomly selected people in my address book with subject headings that don't make any sense.  My mom sent me a message (sorry mom!!) wondering what I was sending her that she couldn't open.  Thank God she couldn't open it.  For once it was a good thing to have that filter on your computer at work!  Arghh, I am sooo frustrated!  I don't know how this could have happened, we have the recommended anti-virus program installed on both computers (Kapersky) and another anti-virus, anti-malware program that was recommended by a co-worker.  I HATE computer issues!  I am so clueless when it comes to this stuff, and it always feels like I am getting ripped off by those Geek Squad people!!  But it appears I will be contacting them on Friday (my next day off) and looking into this issue.  I don't want to be sending SPAM or viruses to my friends and family!!  If anyone has any advice or has experienced this sort of thing, let me know what happened and what you had to do.  In the mean time, do NOT open ANY email from me with a strange subject heading.  And super duper big apoligizes if you were "lucky" enough to get one of these ***** messages!

On a brighter note, my baby turned 1 1/2 (18 months!) yesterday.  She is getting so big!!!!  She is ABSOLUTELY LOVING this weather.  It is so fun to watch her play outside now!  And see our neighbor's come out of the woodwork again!  I do apologize to our neighbors for the screaming you may hear when it is time to come in, NO we are NOT beating our child, she just LOVES being outside and would stay out all night if she could I think!  ;o)

No comments: