Friday, March 19, 2010

The Easter Bunny

Allison had her first encounter with the Easter Bunny last Sat. at the mall in Eden Prairie.  We were walking by and she saw him, "hop hop" she said all excited!  For some reason she refers to most animals by the sounds they make (i.e. kitty is "meow", puppy is "ruff ruff") and since I don't know what sound a bunny makes we said the bunny goes hop, hop, it stuck.  She is starting to say kitty (tee-tee) and she said puppy yesterday.  Anyway, we never took her to the Easter Bunny last year, I don't have any real good reason except that I figured she would just scream and we just never got around to it.  (She has yet to see Santa too, ok, now I feel like a bad mom!).  I figured there is NO WAY she is going to want to go sit on the Easter Bunny's lap, but it was free, so I figured, why not.  She went right up to him and sat on his lap.  She didn't smile, but she LOVED it, she just looked at him and was real quiet and still.  She did not want to leave!  And after that every time we walked by the Easter Bunny she wanted to go sit on his lap again!  Crazy kid!  When I said it was free, I meant sitting on his lap is free, they take a picture and want you to buy it.  You could also take your own, which would have been GREAT, had my batteries not died in the camera!  UGH!  Frustration!!  I did get one snapped before it shut off, and it turned out just as good as the ones I paid $18 for!  (I did get a $10 Shutterfly coupon with the pictures, otherwise I would definitely not have paid for any, the lady was very nice too, not to pushy).  Here is the picture I got.

No comments: