Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ugh...it happened.

Well, it happened. Allison threw up. Now, she was a VERY puky baby, but this was for REAL puke. My poor sweet baby threw up for the first time on Tues. night. And got her first case of diarrhea (unrelated to teething). I was really hoping we would be lucky enough to hold off until she was at least 15, I mean I figured we kinda paid our price with the 10 months of "spit up".

But I knew something was up Monday evening. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it, but she didn't seem like herself. She didn't eat very good all day and was VERY gassy. I thought it was a combo of teething and maybe she was constipated. She slept good Mon. night and I got her up Tues. morning for daycare. She was SOOO glassy eyed and didn't make a SOUND all the way to daycare, just stared off. Again, my gut told me something was up, but then again, I thought, maybe she was just really tired (I hadn't had to get her up early for daycare for almost 2 weeks). I dropped her off at Rhonda's and left. She didn't cry, but she didn't move from where I set her down. I told Rhonda to call me if she needed to for anything. Went to work. No phone call.

I called Jesse at 4 (I was working a 12 hour day shift) and he said she was super quiet on the way home from daycare too. He was worried she maybe hadn't napped at daycare or something, but they were at the park and she was playing and seemed more herself. I said to just put her to bed early if he needed to. I got busy at work and called at 7:30 to tell him I was running late, but should be home soon. He took forever to answer the phone and then said, ok, but ah...can you hurry...Allison just threw up. Ohhhhhh, noooo! My heart just sank! My poor baby. I got home asap and Jesse was rocking her and she just had her head on his shoulder. Let me just take this moment to say what a WONDERFUL father he is. I always knew he would be good, but wow! He even stayed home with her on Wed. (I wanted to, but it just made more sense for him to do it, he was willing). Luckily she was done throwing up by then. Her poor tummy is a bit unsettled yet, but we are getting back to herself. Although by now she probably things crackers and applesauce are a suitable meal.

1 comment:

Erin C said...

Poor baby! I am dreading that day. Puking kids gives me a stomach ache!