Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last trip to Mexico vs. This trip

Soooo much has changed since we last went to Mexico!  It was 3 years ago in Feb. 2007 last time we went.  We went to Ixtapa last time, which is on the "ocean" side and this year we are going to Riviera Maya which is on the gulf side.  I can't wait to see the beautiful blue water!  The weather in Ixtapa was GORGEOUS!  It didn't rain once and was about 85 and sunny every day.  I have heard it rains more in Riviera Maya, but we'll see and even if it does I think it is only for like an hour or so in the afternoon...a good time to take a little siesta!  To get ready for the fiesta!  (Sorry, that was dorky, but I couldn't resist!).  I was "shaped" a little different, having not bore a child yet and still being able to find time to go to the Y!  I honestly don't think my weight has changed THAT much, just reporportioned, and not in my favor!  Oh, well.  Last time it was just Jesse and I, this time we are going at the same time and to the same place as 3 of Jesse's (and my, but more so his) friends...who are all guys.  Jesse has promised to pay attention to me and be nice to me!  Although to be honest, I am looking forward to them being there.  They go to Mexico every year and know a little more about things there than I feel like we do.  We aren't the most experienced travelers.  Anyway, the most obvious difference is that we will be leaving behind our baby girl to go this time.  I still need to stock up on calling cards, I am SO afraid of running out, but I am sure we can buy more there.  I promised Jesse not to call home every moment I get.  I will try to limit myself to 10 min. 1x/day or every other day.  Some things I want to do are take a ferry to Cozumel and go snorkeling or rent mopeds and drive around the island while we are there.  Jesse might go fishing.  Otherwise I just want some R and R and R (the last one being to Reconnect - thanks Holli, ;-) with my hubby! 
This is a picture of what the resort is supposed to look like (the pools, my favorite part!) anyway.  I have had 1 nightmare that it turned out to be dump, that better not happen!!  3 days to departure!!

1 comment:

Erin C said...

Have a great time!!!! Enjoy a little sun for me!