Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apple Pie and Grandma Lorrie

As most of you know my Grandma Lorrie passed away last Thursday early in the morning after battling many complications after surgery.  It was kind of a shock, but I know she is at peace and her body is healed without pain or suffering any more.   I know she is in the most beautiful place reunited with my Grandpa and other family and friends that have gone before us.  But I will miss her.  It doesn't seem real yet.  It seems like I should still be able to call her or that she is going to call me anyday and we will get together for lunch.  I will see her when I visit and she will be in church at First Lutheran.  It is the little things and in the little moments that I will miss her most.  My Grandma was known for her great cooking!  She made the BEST Peach and Apple Pies (and many more!).  And Pudgy Pies...YUM!  (aka campfire pies).  My Grandma had to be the happiest person I know.  She was always smiling and always thinking positively.  She was always willing to help out in any way she could.  You could NOT invite my Grandma over for lunch or any gathering without her bringing something.  I learned how to make my Grandma's Apple Pie when I was a little girl (10 or so) and then a couple years ago I went and we made more pies together.  I always thought my Grandma was beautiful.  I loved her white/blonde hair and she had the softest cheeks.  I will miss her. 

No comments: