Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekend Get-Away

Last weekend we went "away" for our winter weekend "get-away".  We went all the way to Alexandria, MN.  To Arrowwood Resort.  It was a lot of fun, but I am hoping for somewhere a little further from MN, and preferrably tropical for next year!  Anyway, I was a bit nervous about the weekend just to see how Allison would sleep.  She is an excellent sleeper at home in her crib, but we have had some issues with traveling and sleeping (See post from last May, trip to Rochester...ended up coming home in the middle of the night).  Anyway, she did GREAT!!  She is such a good girl, I am so proud of her.  She is sooo ready for her "big girl" bed.  (Momma just has to get the room painted and a headboard!!!).  But any question I had about whether or not we needed a side rail was answered.  She fell out of bed Sat. night at the hotel.  Kinda funny though, I had put pillows down beside the bed, she landed right on them and didn't even wake up!  I couldn't beleive it!  Anyway, we went with Rath's, Triplett's, and Wegscheid's, and everyone had so much fun.  Allison and Audrey, and Grady after getting used to it Friday night, LOVED the water!!  It is fun to watch them play and interact now.  Here are some pics (thanks to Jodi and Holli...this poor excuse for a mom forgot her camera!  And I was sure I had remembered EVERYTHING!!!!)
The girls!  Briena, Audrey, Allie
Awww, look at our new baby!  Ha!  J/K, I am holding Briena.  I can't wait to be holding ours!  Allison doesn't sit still for more then 5 seconds anymore I don't think!  It's like a future pic of what our family will look like in 6 months.
Audrey and Allie...little fishies! 
Allison was soooo sad, Sat. morning right after getting to the pool, the closed the wading pool with all the fun stuff for younger kids in it!  Some kid pooped in it!  Allison repeated "No pooping in the pool" for the rest of the weekend!  

No comments: