Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Long-Long-LONGING for WARM WEATHER!

I can't even tell you how badly I want to leave this frozen tundra right now!!!  I am soooo sick of snow and cold, not just brrr cold, it is like absolutely arctic, frigid COLD (-20 AIR temp cold!).  We have so much snow you can hardly see our mailbox!  I dream at least daily of warm, sandy beaches!!  And it doesn't help that everytime I turn around someone else is jetting away for a week in some tropical paradise! 


I know, I really shouldn't complain.  It was us last year.  We got to spend an oh, so wonderful week in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  And I was pretty sure we wouldn't be going anywhere this year because I was hoping to be having another baby.  And I feel so blessed that we are.  But, oh, this year is hard.  I seriously don't remember ever wanting to leave so badly!  I long to just walk outside without a coat and not freeze to death.  I really long to see a sandy beach and lay in the sun.  I long to have beautifully bronzed skin.  Instead I feel pasty white, but not that it matters, I spend 99% of the time covered from head to toe with just my eyes peaking out! 

No comments: