Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow Day!

I kind of felt like I was back in school again and got a snow day yesterday!  I wasn't scheduled to work yesterday, although they did call me, there really wasn't any way I could get there.  For one my car was still at work from Sunday night, I was too chicken and had heard from multiple people that there was large drifts on side streets and people were getting stuck and my Altima does not handle snow well!!!  So I had called Jesse and made him come pick me up after work, that's what he gets for not letting me take his truck Sunday morning (I asked, he said I wouldn't need it!!).  So, I didn't have my car and even if I did, our road wasn't plowed until 9 or 10 and so I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere in it anyway!  BUT even better than the fact that I was at home, but Jesse came in and told me that HE wasn't going to work either!!  YEAH!!!  After working all weekend, starting Thur. actually, it felt REALLY good to get an "extra" day to spend with my WHOLE family.  In the end Jesse did end up going into work for a couple hours, but it was after we had breakfast together and he was home with pizza for lunch!  I got a fair amount of stuff done, a little laundry, dishes and scrubbed the kitchen floor.  Then after everyone got a nap (I think Allison and I are the only 2 that slept) we went and shoveled my car out and went to the Y.  It was a good day.  I was going to blog with pics for this Tues. blog, but didn't get my pics downloaded, plan was to do it during Allison's nap, but I decided I wanted one too.  Oh, and when Jesse was outside blowing the driveway out, he took Allison out with him!  It was great!  I love snow days!  And the fact that I don't have to make it up in June!  :-)

No comments: