Friday, January 21, 2011

Thinkin' Pink!

So, this pregnancy we decided (well mostly me, but there was NO changing my mind!) to find out the sex of the baby.  I desperately wanted to know and could not WAIT until my ultrasound today. 

First of all, let me just say the baby is PERFECT!  Growing wonderfully and everything is exactly as it should be.  I don't remember if I said this too, but I had a quad screen done and that was all negative too.  I was pleasantly surprised that I hadn't gained too much weight (I feel like it though!!).  So mom and baby are healthy. 

Now, on to our stubborn child.  Like I said I couldn't wait to find out the sex.  I have been waiting to buy a baby book, paint the room, look at bedding, pretty much buy ANYTHING baby until we knew for sure.  Well...we still don't know for sure!!!  At first when my doc tried the umbilical cord was in the way, between the baby's legs.  So, he did the rest of the stuff he had to do, measurements and all, then came back to trying to figure out the sex.  Baby was not positioned the best anymore and so we couldn't get a perfect look, but he said he THINKS it is a GIRL.  I will have another ultrasound in 9 weeks, so we can take another look then.  9 WEEKS, that is FOREVER away!  So, now I have to decide...do we go with girl and start painting, etc...or cram it all into my last 9 weeks instead?!  I am very excited for Allison to have a sister, but looks like Jesse is going to be a bit out-numbered in the Mages' household! 

No comments: