Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Small Towns = Big Celebrations!

So the past 2 weekends I have been back in my old stomping grounds...Hector and Buffalo Lake, for their summer festivities.  And once again, I have virtually NO pictures from either one.  I am just afraid that after a couple cocktails, I may lose my camera, so I never want to bring it with, but boy, I wish I had.  Lucky for me, my wonderfully awesome partner for these good times, Jamie, did.  So, with her permission I snagged a couple from her blog. 

First off there was Hector Days a.k.a. Corn Chaff Days.  Took in some softball, then freshend up for the evening festivities at the local bar, the OP.  Unfortunately the forecast was not good, it rained and the band quit.  The rain didn't last long, but it brought everyone inside.  And I think probably scared a few people away.  But I did see some old friends and had a great time!  I was feeling pretty old though, some of the kids in there I only remember as being about 10 yrs old!  Made the not so wise (but nevertheless fun) decision to stay up WAYYYYY past my bedtime and play cards after bar closing.  And by cards, I mean catagories.  I paid for it Sunday.

Then this past weekend was BL Days.  Once again watched some softball (my brother played in both tournaments).  Watched the parade in BL, it was positively swealtering Sat.!!  And possibly my favorite part...rode around in a trailer attached to a Ranger for the afternoon!!!  Thanks to Jamie's brother!  Had some delicious Boone's Farm!  Does it get any better??  Haha!  And once again, attended the street dance, which was held in the town shed (?) since there had been storms once again.  But the night turned out to be quite nice after the rain.  Oh, and I forgot to mention, we also attended a "very special" b-day celebration!  We won't mention how old she turned :)! 
The Ranger crew!  Jamie proudly displaying the high quality Boone's Farm!
Thanks for the good times!  Love you guys!!
Jesse did attend BL days (he was the photographer this time), but didn't come for Hector days.  He just couldn't handle all the excitement.  Oh, and we needed a babysitter.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Me proudly displaying the Boones?? Um, I think you forgot to post the pictures of YOU with the BOONES! Ha!