Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm gonna miss this place!

Going home today.  Physically I feel ready.  Feeling about 100x better than Wed.  Pain wise I am doing much better.  My incision still hurts (of course) that is to be expected, but it is much better.  The cramping with nursing, which feels like contractions!!!! is also MUCH better.  Ibuprofen and Tyl. #3 will be my friend for a while.  But...I am nervous.  Not for the daytime so much as night.  Ugh.  I remember some pretty rough nights at first with Allison.  Hoping the fact that we have some experience now will help, but there really isn't a lot you can do those first few weeks.  (Can't let them cry-it-out yet - at least I don't think so).  And I am just trying to remember what we did with Allison, but hopefully it will all go smoothly.  Also a little nervous for Allison.  I know when we get home it is going to be hard for her that I am not able to lift her and will have to be feeding the baby and stuff.  But she has done really well so far, so hopefully that continues.  She is a very proud big sister and loves Kara!  She just beams when she holds her, so cute!

I am also going to miss my co-workers.  I really am blessed to work with some amazing ladies.  They are so kind and thoughtful.  They are my adult outlet, work isn't just work but a social activity for me (as I think it is for most women).  I remember being home with Allison and longing for some adult interaction.  Luckily this time Holli will be on maternity leave shortly, so hopefully we can hang out!!!  A reminder that I could never be a stay at home mom or daycare provider!!  Bless them, but it is not for me!  I do wish I could work less, but that is a whole other post!!!  Anyway, I am excited to go home, but it is wierd to think I will not be back at least to work for 3 months!!  But it will fly by! 

Now hoping later to post some pics on here of Kara, also I am hoping to post a pic of Allie as a baby and Kara side by side.  I think they look exactly alike!!

No comments: