Thursday, May 26, 2011

Announcing Kara Marie!

So, I am a little behind updating this...what else is new!  Most (if not all) of you have probably already seen this on FB, but here is a little more detailed description of events.  Kara Marie was born Tuesday, May 24 (as scheduled) by repeat c-section.  She was born at 8:18 a.m.  She weighed in at 6lbs and 11oz (I truly thought she weighed 7 1/2 lbs!! - Darn that means I have more work to do!) and was 20 1/2 inches long.  Long and thin...shocking, isn't it?!  We are all doing good and planning to go home tomorrow morning.  Probably could have gone home today, but decided to stay the full length of time and take advantage of the wonderful nurse's help around here one more night before we are on our own! 

Allison Loves, loves, loves her baby sister.  She could NOT wait to hold her and constantly asks.  She is definitely going to be a lot of "help"...I am sure I will turn around and find her "carying" her sister around under her arms soon!!  Kara will be tough!  Allie took pictures of her new sister to daycare with her today.  Rhonda said she was very proud. 

And I just tried to add some pics and for whatever reason it won't work tonight and I don't have the patience to keep trying.  Hopefully sometime tomorrow when we are at home. 

No comments: