Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is this what death feel like??

I have been lucky enough to not had any "morning" sickness with either pregnancy so far.  I had all week off from work and then worked yesterday (Fri.) and the rest of the weekend...or was supposed to.  Yesterday at work I almost passed out in the morning, not entirely sure what that was all about, I was helping with a circ - have done millions of times, and had to sit down.  But overall felt fine.  Attributed it to not have eaten anything yet that morning so had some juice and a bagel.  Rest of the day mostly uneventful.  Peds was busier than OB and was getting some admissions, so I had to go admit a peds pt. coming with nausea and vomiting.  One of the many reasons I love OB...no sickness!!!!  While I gowned and gloved and washed repeatedly, I couldn't help but worry I would catch something (luckily the kid wasn't that sick tho).  At suppertime I wasn't feeling the greatest, not too hungry, slightly nauseous.  But thought maybe I had to eat again.  Ate most of my supper and felt worse, much worse.  Luckily by that time it was after 6, so I had less than an hour of work to go.  I has really hoping it was just pregnancy related or maybe something I ate.  I really didn't want to have to call in sick today, I need to be saving all my PTO for maternity leave now!  Well, much to my dismay, I had an AWFUL night.  And I couldn't blame it on the kids!!  Hopefully all my gloving and gowning and handwashing protected the kids I was taking care of!!  The flu sucks.  The thought of food makes my stomach turn.  I thought for sure by morning I would feel better, no such luck.  Finally by afternoon I have been able to get some jello and 7-UP down (and it has stayed that way).  I don't remember the last time I had the flu.  Jesse and Allison got it last year, but I managed to escape then.  I really hope Allison and Jesse don't get it this time.  Now that I am feeling slightly better I am going to wash bedding, and wipe everything down - including this computer!  Jesse and Allison are luckily gone for the weekend.  Jesse went hunting up north and so since I was supposed to have been at work all weekend, Allison went to Grandma Nancy's and she took her to Waterpark of America today!  I did alert Nancy and Jesse to my symptoms, but so far, so good for them!  I can't decide if I am happy to have the house to myself while I am sick, or if I would be happier with Jesse or my mom here!  I had to run to the grocery store myself this morning to get Jello, gatorade and 7-UP.  And a back rub or foot rub would be wonderful!  But on the other hand, I don't look (or smell...sorry!!) the greatest right now!  Off to take a bath soon too.  I have to go to work tomorrow, so I better be more presentable.  Saying some prayers Allison and Jesse don't get it!!  It really felt like I was dying from the inside out!

No comments: