Saturday, November 20, 2010

First Ultrasound!

Yesterday we had our first ultrasound!  It couldn't have come at a better time, I was just kinda getting to the point where I was starting to wonder if that pregnancy test was mistaken!  Not feeling sick (not that I ever really did) and STARTING to get more energy back, but still not feeling the baby move, so needed reassurance that there WAS indeed a baby in there and that he/she was doing ok! 

Baby was good, very active during the ultrasound, wierd to see it and not feel it yet.  We were able to hear the hearbeat again, 170's.  The only "bad" thing is thatI have a complete placenta previa right now (the placenta is covering the cervix).  Basically I could have some spotting, but I haven't yet, and my Dr. thinks it will resolve itself, but to check it he is going to do another ultrasound at my next appt. in 4 weeks.  And if it doesn't change, I don't think it is as much of a big deal since I am already planning a repeat c-section. 

I am pretty sure we are going to find out what we are having.  I just haven't decided if we are going to find out and share, or find out and keep it to ourselves...hmmm.  Ok, who am I kidding, I could never keep a secret like that!  Anyway, that probably won't be until about 20 weeks.

No comments: