Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Please, please WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!

I love Fox 9 news.  I watch them in the morning and at 5 usually and at 9.  There are many reasons they are my favorite news station...they are local all the time (well local is relative, local being at least they are MN, I know it is out of the twin cities), they come on early in the morning (4:30 a.m. now!!) and the night news starts early.  I also love their anchor people.  And their Fox 9 Investigates stories are the BEST!  A few months ago they did a story on blogging and I found out Trish Van Pilsm (one of the investigative reporters) was starting her own blog...I started following it.  I love it.  I can relate to most things she posts.  And weird as it is, as she is blogging about her daughter's upcoming graduation I find myself crying thinking about when my baby girl will graduate.  Yikes!

Anyway, I have gotten off course here.  Lately there have been car accidents involving teens and teens dying in these car accidents.  It is all over the news and it just makes me sick...actually nausous, to think about these families going through this.  And actually before this happened I remember thinking to myself that Allison watches EVERYTHING that I do.  I was thinking this after I got done talking on the phone while driving.  I do it WAY too much.  I try not to text while driving but I will admit I have been guilty of doing so.  But I do ALWAYS wear my seatbelt and so does Jesse.  I don't want Allison to think it is ok to talk on the phone while driving (and DEFINITELY NOT TEXT) but it is so hard to break that habit.  Sometimes it feels like that is my only free time to make a quick phone call.  But I hope she notices the seatbelt thing.  I hope she ALWAYS wears her seatbelt.  Most importantly they save lives.  But also a seatbelt ticket is over $100, and I am ok with that because they save lives.  But I refuse to get caught without it and have to pay that fine!  I don't even want to think about if something happened to her.  But on Fox 9 Investigates they did a story called "Room to Live".  If you haven't seen it, check it out.  I will post a link via Trish's blog.  After I saw it the first time (I have seen it before) I told everyone about it.  Also check out the ad clip.  Speaks volumes!  Before I even saw the give away, I planned to post it on my blog.  I just can't say it enough, I want everyone to BUCKLE UP!  Here is the link:  http://www.offcamerwithtrish.com/2010/04/embrace-life.html

No comments: