Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Blahs

I have the birthday blahs today.  I usually make a big deal about my birthday, talking about it all April (ok, maybe starting in March even!), because I don't just get a day, I get a month.  My birth month.  That is what I have told my family for as long as I can remember!  This year it kind of snuck up on me.  Between work and getting our house ready for listing we have been extrememly busy.  I worked all weekend last weekend and now I work the next 3 days.  To make matters worse, yesterday was awful.  I'm not going to get into it except to say that anyone who thinks they want my job and that it involves holding beautiful little babies all day and is all smiles and fun...the days that are bad are awful.  I hugged Allison a little tighter last night and today.  Children are so precious. 

Ok, anyway...back to ME!  Ha!  I have been getting a lot of FB B-day wishes and texts, which is so fun!  Definitely brightened my day to read those.  And Thank you, Holli, for calling.  I needed to talk, even if it was quick.  I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.  And this weekend I get to go to Footloose for my b-day then we are getting together with friends for supper.  And although it has nothing to do with my birthday, I am super pumped!  We have Twins tix for Aug.  Yeah!  I guess it is really hard to get good tickets now (especially for 12 people!).  Next year maybe a season ticket package?? 

So, what I really want right now is a bottle of wine.  I might just get one, after I have my free b-day tan.  (I know, it is sooo bad for me, well it is my b-day and I am going to indulge a little!)  Hoping for a good rest of the week.  Heck, I guess my birthday month can still start now, right??

No comments: