Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What?! No Internet??!!

So, for the past week we have been virtually without the internet, it has been so slow most of the time that it is IMPOSSIBLE to even get on. And for an even longer time before that it was just slightly slow. It got really bad on Friday. I wasn't sure what to do, I am NO computer expert and was kind of freaking out! I tried the things I knew to try, didn't work. Well, we had a busy day and didn't get back to it until Sat. or more like Sun. We tried Charter first thinking it might be there problem. Of course there is no one available to help you then, so on Mon. I FINALLY got to talk to a rep, and he said they would send someone out on Tues. So we had to wait ANOTHER day. Today they came out and for once I got it right. It was Charter's problem, we had a bad router. So they fixed it, Thanks Josh (it happened to be a friend of ours that works for them that came out!)! So we finally have working (and SUPER FAST :) internet again. But while we didn't have the interent I realized how much I rely on it! I couldn't do the obvious like check my email or facebook. But I also couldn't look up possible travel option/prices, I couldn't do my online banking. We were going to go to a movie and I realized I couldn't even check movie times! While it was unavailable I (of course) wanted to use it more than ever! And I realized how much we take for granted this technology working! Wow, what a different world we live in now!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi- Could have emailed...but came over to post. Both Mark and I do love the vacuum...and when I really thought about it, we do use it twice a week most weeks. Also, we have some kind of carpet called "freize" which is modern day shag basically, and were told we needed an adjustable head if we didn't want to eat it up, and guess what, turns out pretty much only RICCAR had this. I also asked about Electolux (which my mom had FOREVER before central vac). I was told the company sold their good name to some company who manufactures in China and that is was NOT LONGER the great quality we remember and don't bother! So that is my long story about it. We went and looked at our vacuum, then didn't come back for months when ours was really BAD. We had spent well over $300 on it just five years early, and it was JUNK for us... so we made the big jump. Mark and I realized between the two of us, we had alreay spend a lot on vacuums in our short lives! We do hope it lasts as long as they claim, and are sort of banking on it!!

Andrea
www.thomberg.blogspot.com