Friday, January 22, 2010

Prayers for Grandma Lorrie



My Grandma Lorrie is in Abbott in their cardiac ICU after having an aortic endartectomy (sp.) on Wed. They anticipated a 5 day stay, but there have been a few complications to say the least. She is still in ICU on a respirator, they have done a couple CT scans to check for internal bleeding as they have not been able to keep her BP up and she had abdominal swelling. So far those haven't shown anything really. They are giving her meds for her BP. Her kidney's aren't working very good right now and she is retaining a lot of fluid. And the hardest part to hear is that they said she appears to be in pain when they touch her. A nurse asked my mom if my grandma was real "sensitive" to pain (or as those who work in this area know, it means does she complain a lot). The answer to that is a very definite NO! I don't remember my grandma EVER complaining about aches and pains! It sounds like the Dr (the one who did the surgery I think??) was going to meet with family at 2 today, so I haven't heard anything yet from that meeting. I am hoping to go see her tomorrow, but that depends on the weather. But please say many prayers for my Grandma. Prayers for healing and guidance to the nurses and doctors at Abbott. Thank you Everyone!!

No comments: