Sunday, June 2, 2013

Start of Summer??

Memorial weekend...the "unofficial" start of summer.  Well, it felt NOTHING like summer this year!  Kara's birthday party was Saturday of Memorial weekend, and originally we had planned (and hoped) to be able to have it at my parent's new place on Lake Osakis.  Well, a week before the party date, the forcast was not good!  So, we changed locations to our house.  But I had not been to the new lake place yet, and was really desperate to go, so after the party the kids and Jesse and I packed up quick to go.  I knew the forcast was 50's (MAYBE 60), rainy, windy.  Ugh!  So, MUCH to Allison's dismay, no shorts or swimsuits were packed.  I promised her I would buy her one if she went in the lake...she didn't.  But we made the best of it and had a good time regardless!
Daddy teaching Kara the finer points of catching a fish!

Success (big or small!)

Kara and her little guppy fish! 

The keepers!

Ready for our chilly 5K!

All bundled up at the lake!

No comments: