Friday, July 8, 2011

First Smile!

Kara smiled at me for the first time at just after 3 weeks, however she didn't do it again for another week or more.  She is 6 weeks now and has smiled at everyone - even Allison (who is ALWAYS in her face!).  Those smiles are just precious!  I haven't gotten a really good picture of it because it is sooo hard to tear yourself away from her when she is smiling to get the camera and about the time you do, she stops.  Here is the one I finally captured, it was right at the end though, they get a lot bigger!!
Side note...see that red spot by her left eye?  It is a strawberry hemangioma (or birthmark).  We are taking Kara to Gillette in 2 weeks for that.  I wasn't very worried about it, except that it could get bigger, but our doctor recommended taking her to Gillette for it because of the location.  There is a new treatment they are doing at Gillette with Propranolol (?), a medication used on adults for blood pressure/heart problems.  It makes the spots go away supposedly.  I am glad we are going, I didn't want it to get any bigger.  Will be interesting to hear more about how it works. 

No comments: