Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2 Month Check-Up

Kara had her 2 month well-baby check up yesterday.  Sorry, no pic to go with it right now...wanted to get this posted while girls are sleeping and didn't have time to download.  Maybe later.  Anyway, our little porker weighed in at 12lbs even and 22 1/4 inches long.  Same length as Allison was at 2 months but a pound and a half bigger!  Love it.  So even with all the spitting up, fussing, etc, she is gaining and thriving!  :)  And, of course, as I am trying to explain to our pediatrician Kara's intense crying/colic spells she is laying on the exam table quiet and cheerful...she even gave him big smiles!!  So, now he thinks I am crazy.  J/K.  Actually we talked about a lot of things.  It is of course very hard to know for sure what causes the intense crying in babies, could be a milk protein allergy, reflux, or just plain colic.  We are trying different things.  Now she is switched to Prilosec (which unfortunately tastes TERRIBLE and she hates it!), and I am trialing no milk products for a week to see if things improve.  Let me tell you, no milk products sucks.  It is very hard.  No milk, no cheese, butter, yogurt, chocolate, etc.!  Ugh.  If it turns out to be a milk allergy thing, I don't know if I will be able to continue this...might end up switching her to special formula...we'll see though.  Dr. said if it IS a milk allergy thing (which she would grow out of, babies do this sometimes) we would see a dramatic difference.  I am really not convinced any of these things is really going to help.  I really believe she has plain old colic.  But I don't want to take a chance that one of these things could help, so we'll see.  And on the bright side, if it IS colic, we should be over the hump...  Of course last night after her wonderful show at the Dr. she got shots and then we had a rough evening.  A good 3 hours of crying...HARD, you feel sooo sorry for them and so helpless.  We tried everything.  She was also very spitty during this time, so I tried to give her tylenol, but I think I ended up wearing most of it.  Anyway, the night was pretty good.  I think the storm woke her at 12:40 but she ate and went back to bed and slept until just after 6.  I'll take it. 

No comments: