Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 Weeks and Home Alone!

Kara is 2 weeks old today!  In some ways it seems like it should be way MORE than 2 weeks and in some ways it seems like the past 2 weeks have flown by.  Those first weeks are so tough.  Kara is a good baby really.  But I long for the 3-4 month age when they are sleeping through the night (hopefully - we are all for sleep training then though!).  And life is back to more normal pace.  It is nice having the summer off, but I have a feeling it is going to be a pretty quiet summer.  Hard to do much of anything with a newborn!  Especially with nursing (but that is another blog...my love/hate relationship with it!).  Like I said she is a good baby for us.  Eats, sleeps and has some awake periods in the morning and evening mostly.  We tried to do newborn pics last night though...she cried for most of the entire session!!!  I wanted to cry.  We did get family pics and pics of Allie and Kara done though.  I am taking Kara back on Friday morning to try to get some of just the newborn...hopefully she is more cooperative! 

Also, today was my first day home alone with the girls.  Last week I was lucky enough to have my mom stay with us and then it was the weekend and Jesse has Monday's off.  So, today was it.  I begged and pleaded with someone to stay with me (just kidding - sort of!).  It went pretty well.  With all the crying Kara did at her photo session yesterday evening, she actually had a VERY good night!  So that was nice since I didn't get a nap today (should be doing that now, but felt bad about my neglected blog!).  Allie and I had a few episodes...to be expected.  She doesn't want to leave Kara alone when she is sleeping, luckily right now the kid can sleep through anything!  And nap time was a battle.  Allison is (hopefully) going to learn a lot of patience this summer.  She goes to daycare tomorrow...to be honest, I am looking forward to having the day with just Kara.  Well, maybe I can shut my eyes for a few minutes now before Miss Kara has to eat...we'll see!

No comments: