Friday, June 24, 2011

1 Month

Miss Kara Marie is 1 month old today.  The month has passed in a blur of sleeplessness... I know it only lasts a short time in their life, but it doesn't make it any easier when you are going through it.  And I have "nightmares" (or I should probably call them "daymares") that it doesn't end with Kara and she won't sleep through the night and how will I ever go back to work like this.  But I know it will get better.  (PLEASE GOD!) 

But I should not complain.  Otherwise things have gone good.  And I have heard of much worse sleepers, at least she goes 4 and SOMETIMES 5 hours between feedings.  (Meaning I get 3-4 hours of sleep USUALLY, between feedings - sometimes she doesn't want to go back to sleep right away and that is hard too).  Life this summer is much different with a newborn.  I am looking forward to a few outings scheduled for July and Aug. before I go back to work.  Anyway, with all this eating she does, Kara has been gaining weight VERY well.  I am not sure, but if I had to guess, I would say she is close to 9lbs now.  We started doing a bottle of milk in the evenings now, which she takes 4-5oz of and this is only about 1-2 hours after nursing!!!!  Holy cow! 

Allie is doing great.  Today she asked me if she could change Kara's diaper though...I let her get me a diaper and wipes and she "helped" me wipe her.  She loves Kara and continues to want to constantly be in her face, touching her and kissing her.  Which I feel bad for Allison then because this usually results in Kara crying!  Poor kid.  She doesn't seem very offended by this though.  Anyway, better go.  Time to myself is short and a nap sounds sooo nice!

No comments: