Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas!



Hey Everyone! Merry Belated Christmas! I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas whether you ventured out into the snow or stayed in and had a change of plans! We had a change of plans due to the weather... Fortunately it worked out for most everyone to get together at my Grandma Berntson's on Wed. night instead of Thurs.(Christmas Eve). Jesse was the only one who couldn't make it, he got home late from work Wed. and had to be up for work early Thurs. morning. So anyway, Allison and I ventured out to Grandma's. Wed. if you remember wasn't the nicest of days either, and we probably should have taken Jesse's pick-up. The drive there was not bad, but I was worried about getting home. My WONDERFUL parent's brought us home safely. My dad drove my car and my mom drove ahead of us in the Explorer. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to them!! My car is NOT good on snow and it was drifting. It wouldn't have been so bad to be stranded at their house, except I had to work Christmas day and didn't want to leave Jesse home alone! So anyway, we had Christmas with the Berntson's on Wed. instead of Christmas Eve. It was a little wierd not going to church first and so we weren't all dressed up. But I was very glad to be able to celebrate together. My Grandma Lorrie is my only grandparent left. So Christmas Eve we went to our church here in Willmar, which was nice, but it wasn't the same as going to my hometown church, First Lutheran in Hector. Where I know everyone and get to see SO many familiar faces as everyone comes home to spend Christmas with their families and goes to church. After church we opened the few presents we had at our house. Allison had a few and Jesse got me a Snuggie (see pic! I was reading one day and commented that it would be nice to have one, turns out he does listen to me!). Then we were lucky enough to be invited for in informal Christmas get together at the Rath's who were also "snowed in" in Willmar and not doing their usual Christmas Eve. We had a very non-traditional evening of Pizza and Rock Band! It was so fun, I wish I had pics from that night, I will have to get some from Holli! It was funny to watch the kids interact now that they are getting older! (Turns out Allison is a bit of a bully!) Anyway, then I worked Christmas Day 13 hours (but it was SO worth it for the pay!) and Jesse and Allison ventured to the Mages' Christmas in Olivia, they didn't stay long as it started to snow, but they no sooner got home then it quit, they probably drove home in the worst of it! Oh well. We still have Christmas with my family this coming weekend and one more probably the weekend after. We wish everyone much love and happiness this Holiday Season! And have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So good to read your post about Christmas, family, traditions and First Lutheran. We also missed church out there. Next year??!!

Andrea