Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ear Tubes






Well, it's all over with and I survived :)! Allison's first surgery! She had bilateral ear tubes placed today at the surgery center in Willmar by Dr. Pesola (ENT). I swear the whole procedure lasted 5 min.! Allison did great, she was quite fussy as she was waking up from the anesthesia, but returned to herself quickly after getting home. Grandma Nancy was nice enough to come with and help us out since Jesse couldn't get the day off work. It was so nice to have her help because she took Allison home while I ran and got the ear drops (and a toy :)) for her. I got Nancy and I white chocolate mocha's from Caribou as a treat! (as most of you who know me know, I don't drink coffee but with all the chocolate and whipped cream you could hardly call it coffee! Plus silly me, I gave in and worked extra until 11:30 last night, didn't get to bed until after 12 and had to be up at 6:15!!) So anyway, Allison is doing GREAT now, she was so tired though, she fell asleep as I was reading to her. The poor thing, Dr. Pesola said she still had infection in her (R) ear and drainage in her (L) and this is after being on 2 different antibiotics (the first one didn't clear it up and the 2nd one is having a hard time!). So we definately made the right decision on the tubes!! She has been SOOO good though, I thought for sure the ear infection was gone. Anyway, hoping this is her last one! And now at least if she does get another we can treat with ear drops instead of oral antibiotics. Although it is no easy task getting drops in a 1 yr. olds ears!! We have to do them for 3 days 3x a day now after surgery! Here are a couple pics from the morning.

2 comments:

Erin C said...

So glad it all went well!

Anonymous said...

Glad she's doing good! Jadah had her tonsils out when she was almost 3 and it was hard!