Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1 Year Ago...





With Allison's Birthday being tomorrow, I have been thinking about her actual BIRTH day a lot. I did not have anything ready, I thought for sure I was going to go past my due date (Oct. 15) and have to be induced, like my mom and Jesse's mom. Well, SURPRISE! She had another plan! I woke up for work on Tuesday morning, September 30, 2008 and my water broke. So, I got ready while Jesse panicked (he did great! But I work in OB, so I knew I had some time before we had to get to the hospital). I got my epidural by 12:00 and life was GREAT! I pushed for about 1 hour and her heart rate was dropping with pushing. I ended up with an emergency c-section and she was born at 6:33 p.m. And just like now the Twins were playing for a chance to play in the playoffs (it might have even been against Detroit??). I remember some friends watching the Twins game and celebrating our good friend, Tom's, birthday (Happy Birthday to Tom too!) awaiting our call! Here are a few pics from that day. My face looks all puffy in the after one with all the fluids I had been getting throughout the day. And poor Allison her nose was all smashed in! It is amazing how much they change in the first few days! I will admit, she was not the cutest newborn with that poor smashed in nose and face! (I, however, thought she was BEAUTIFUL! And she gets more beautiful every day!)

No comments: