Friday, November 6, 2009

H1N1??


NOT! A week and a half ago I got a call at work from daycare that Allison had a temp over 100 and I had to go get her. First time that has happened! On the way to get her I decided to take her in and have her ears checked out. I had a feeling she had an ear infection. She had a low grade fever on and off for over a week (actually about 2 weeks, but had a break where she didn't have one at all) and hadn't been sleeping well at night. I had been thinking it was teething or something, but decided for my own peace of mind I had to get it looked at. Sure enough, she had an ear infection. In fact her (L) ear drum was really bulging she said! I felt so bad, poor baby! But considering she had really been very good! That is why it took me so long to bring her in. Anyway, when we checked in they gave us a mask to put on her because of her symptoms of a fever! She actually wore it, which I was glad about, to protect her from all the sick people there!! (Another reason I hesitated so long). She just finished her antibiotic and I had a feeling it wasn't gone because she has been getting up at night. Sure enough, I took her in today for a recheck and her flu shots (2nd regular flu and H1N1) and she still has it. So we have another antibiotic. It doesn't seem like she has had that many ear infections because they have been spaced out, but I think it is time to consider getting tubes! Even the pharmacist said that! So, we will be talking to her pediatrician on Monday (a perk of working with him at the hospital). If he thinks we should do it, I want to do it before the end of the year if possible, I have some flex I need to spend!! A side note...to anyone who says a child can just go to a chiropracter for ears...we tried it! Did not work for us. Jesse said he had tubes as a child and so did my brother, so if genetics have anything to do with it or not I don't know, but it looks like we are headed there with her too.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Marly has tubes. We did not try a chiropracter. I concidered it, looked up all kinds of things on line, thought about her diet even, but my Dad's wife is a pediatrician and she said is wouldn't help for her ear problem. Tubes worked like a charm though!