Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nelson Farm

In early October I got to help chaperone Allison's preschool class trip to Nelson Farm in Litchfield.  I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about being with a bunch of 3-5 year olds and being responsible for more than just mine!!  But it went well, despite not so wonderful weather.  The kids were good and everyone had fun!!

My group of girls!

Bus ride, one of the kids favorite parts!!

Lunch in the barn!  Another favorite!

Preschool class, morning and afternoon group.
 
Unfortunately because of the weather and such, I especially didn't want to carry my camera around, so I didn't get any pictures really of the kids doing things ON the farm, but they got to tour a silo (ECHO!!), a barn, see a calf (Charlie Brown), pick chicken eggs and weigh them, check their size, and put them in cartons, lunch in the barn, swing on a tire swing, pet a goat, go on a hay ride and pick pumpkins.  They also were lucky and got to hold baby chicks when a new shipment arrived while we were there!

No comments: