Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Laser Treatment - Round 2


Kara just had her 2nd laser treatment on her hemangioma by her eye.  Dr. Wood of Gillette Children's is the doctor we have been seeing for it.  It went very well.  At her last appointment when we scheduled this laser treatment he started her on the Propranolol (that I had thought we were going to do in the first place) and I think that has really helped.  So did he.  This should (hopefully) be her last laser treatment.  I don't know for sure how long she will be on the propranolol, we go back for follow up with Dr. Wood in 6 weeks so I suppose we will find out then.  Kara did GREAT during the laser "surgery".  They were fighting over who got to carry her back.  She was so cute, talking and smiling.  They just gave her a little gas to put her to sleep and didn't even have to start an IV, which I was greatful for.  She has chubby little hands and feet, I don't think it would have been very easy!  Anyway, she came back to us and did great.  The car ride was great too, she slept the WHOLE way there and home!!  I wish she napped like that at home all the time!  I did have a camera this time and we snapped a couple pics. 
In her hospital gown! 

No comments: